Thursday, August 30, 2012

S.002: Therapy Home

Hello. I believe I haven't officially introduce myself. The name's Chenkov Ivandovich Nikolai. Well, you can call me Chenkov. 

I used to be a Russian spy. Haha just kidding. You didn't fall for it, did you? What? Seriously?

Anyway, this lot here, used to be our home. We're moving out today to a sweet neighborhood called Sorbetview. Have you heard of that place? 

Yeah, correct. That Sorbetview. My, that place sure has a reputation, huh?

Maybe you haven't noticed, but I'm actually a bit phobic of travelling out in the open. I used to enjoy streets and crowds and all that outdoorsy stuffs very much until I met an accident not long ago. And even after I got well physically, my mental is still traumatized just by the thought of being away from home. 

I can only manage to walk outside the house and nothing more further. Doctor said I should always talk about my fears in order to overcome it. Recently, I was advised to stay in a place with more scenic view. As in, I can look at the vast outdoors without ever going out. I'm very hopeful this therapy can work.

When Saku heard of the idea, she was pretty ecstatic about it and went about to look for a new place. Thanks to her, we found a great location. And for Kiiro, he's very relieved to finally not share a room with Haagen. He's not really good with kids and he make it a point to voice it out every now and then.

Looking at our house for the last time wasn't as sad as I thought it would be and since I have the others travelling together, I feel a little bit comfortable. If I get panicky, Kiiro will punch the lights out of me. I don't think I want that.

While on our way to Sorbetview, Kiiro was eyeing the cab driver like a hawk. Back then I used to travel a lot to Blackbrooks. People there were the Midnight species. One don't usually migrate away from their province. 

But I guess, I have no right to say who could travel or stay. Unless, you're not under any traumatic experience, just travel wherever you want regardless of your skin color.

"Kiiro, don't stare," I whispered.

"But she's pitch bl -"

"Yes, I know," I cut him off. "Don't be so judgmental."

"I am not!"

"Hush!"

"The attic's mine!" Kiiro was the first one to jump out of the car when we arrived. I almost thought he was freaked out by the Midnight driver but I guess he's just excited to finally have his own room to himself.

"So what do you think?" Saku asked as she noticed I haven't said a word since we got down.

"Uhm..." I was speechless. I was never part of the house hunt. I had Saku and Kiiro to decide when it comes to moving out. And after all the discussions and petty arguments they had, this is the final outcome. "I have to say, this is surreal."

"Welcome to Cobalt Lot!" Kiiro announced as he ran up the porch. "Sorbetview's most awesome residence in the entire - "

"Kiiro, can you check up with the school?" Saku interrupted his welcoming speech. "Haagen should be here by now."

"You gotta be kidding me," he made a face. "Do I look like I run a search and resc - "

"WHO GOES THERE?!" shrieked a certain eight year old who suddenly emerged from the backyard fence.

"Speak of the devil!" Kiiro exclaimed. "Now if you don't mind, I'm lighting up the fireplace."

Kiiro disappeared into the new abode.

"There you are," I was glad to see him. "We almost had Kiiro look for you."

"Did you just got here, dear?" Saku asked him.

"OH NO!" the little boy shrieked again.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"Is something wrong, Haagen?" Saku's pitch changed.

"This is my secret hideout!" Haagen exclaimed. "How did you guys find me?!"

Haagen is one amusing kid with an endless imagination. He amuses me sometime.

"Sorry to barge in then," I played along. "But we're claiming this territory now."

"Nuooooo!!" he exaggerated his agony.

"Well," Saku stepped up between us. "I should start making dinner then. Just make yourselves at home, okay?"

"Aye aye, ma'am!" Haagen saluted before he disappeared into the backyard. "Aunt Pol! Aunt Pol! They're here!"

"Anpole? What does that mean?" I looked at Saku.

Like every other words Haagen invented, she just shrugged with a smile.

When we got in, Kiiro already had the fire blazing and was spreading it evenly. I got myself a book and settled into an old looking couch.

This was the first time Kiiro didn't go missing in action while Saku is cooking. And both of them were humming to themselves.

It was 10 past 11 when Saku and I finally got to sit down in the back porch. The night was pretty warm even though we're up on the hills. I'm just glad it's not too chilly.

"So what do you think?" Saku asked again. "Everything is in sight and you don't even have to leave home."

"It's spectacular," I was breathless this time. It really is a vast view. "But honestly, I do feel a bit nervous even from up here."

"Like I'm more exposed and my legs turning into jelly," I was gripping my armrest. I feel a cold sweat dripping from my forehead.

"That's a good sign," she replied.

And we talked and talked throughout the whole night. I think it was almost 2 in the morning when we said good night to each other.

This is the first time I was out of the house for more than one hour! I bet the therapy is working :)